Most people think it all started with Citrusonic, but Orlando Puerta has been a force in the music industry long before starting his powerhouse Marketing & Promotions Company in Los Angeles. It began in 1991. Following his undying passion for music, Orlando was “the” underground club promoter from 91 to 96 in LA. He threw legendary one offs and weekly parties including Citrusonic, Miss Kitty’s Candyland, Sunday School, Dish, Cha Cha Groove, Milk, Sessions, Mothership, More, Ultra Afterhours,Deep Space, The Wig Ball Part 1 & 2, and The Legends Of Warhol Ball. He introduced these now legendary DJs to the LA scene including Doc Martin, Barry Weaver, Steve Loria, Mark Farina, Derrick Carter, Johnny Vicious, and Fabian Vangeli.
Then in 1995, Orlando started to transition into indie film marketing and promotions, landing at leading Independent of that time, First Look Pictures. Hired to promote a little indie film called Party Girl starring then unknowns, Parker Posey, Liev Schreiver, and Guillermo Diaz, Orlando excelled and ended up doing marketing for other niche films like Johns starring David Arquette and Gregg Arakis -The Doom Generation. He loved the film business but Music was always his true love.
So in 1997, Orlando was approached by a friend from Warner Brothers Records to non-traditionally market 3 new up and coming artists: Gus Gus, Moloko, and Rockers Hifi. The label was so impressed with his skills, they offered him a position in the marketing department alongside Seymore Stein and Craig Costich. For the next few years he worked on campaigns for Madonna, Cher, Bette Middler, Linkin Park, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Depeche Mode, New Order, Orgy, Static X, Michael Buble, and Seal.
In 2001, Orlando was promoted to the Director of Dance & Lifestyle Marketing and reigned for 8 years as the “Czar of dance music and remixes”… His well trained ear and finger on the pulse of the club world propelled Warner Brothers Records to one Billboard #1 after another. In 2003 Orlando stepped up to the A&R challenge and was Executive Producer on Madonna’s Remixed & Revisited EP.
Orlando has had tremendous success helping produce some of Madonna’s illustrious VIP launch events. A few worth mentioning include “Music” at Catch 1 in Los Angeles with Victor Calderone, Tracy Young & Stuart Price. “Confessions On A Dancefloor” launch night at The Roxy & Misshapes in New York City with Peter Rauhofer, Stuart Price & Junior Sanchez, and “Hard Candy” WMC Launch in Miami with Bob Sinclar, Junkie XL, and Tracy Young.
After working with nothing but a string of platinum records Orlando looked for a way to continue to grow and bring people together through music like he did when he was a club promoter. He left Warner Brothers in 2009 and created his own boutique promotion and marketing company Citrusonic. He took his first client, Erika Jayne, and launched her on to the club scene with her #1 Billboard Club Songs Record – Roller Coaster. Their work together secured multiple #1s including; Stars, Give You Everything, One Hot Pleasure, Pretty Mess, and Party People (Ignite The World).
He has remained on Madonna’s music team and has continued Remix A&R, Promotion, and Marketing for ‘Celebration’ [Greatest Hits], ‘Hard Candy’ Tour DVD, ‘MDNA’ Album & Tour DVD, ‘Rebel Heart’ Album & Tour DVD.
Orlando is your go to guy for promotion whether you are established or in the early stages of developing your career. Citrusonic is very passionate about artist development and enjoys being a part of the process!
“Do what you love and you’ll never work a day in your life” OP
• 2010 Remixing and Promoting Donna Summer’s last #1 single – To Paris With Love
• 2013 Founding Citrusonic Label Group and releasing records for Taryn Manning, Carmen Electra, Jessica Sutta and more.
• 2013 Remixing and Promoting Cher’s Womans World, Taking her out to Rasputin in West Hollywood to celebrate her #1 Record
• 2014 Reuniting with Paris Hilton to do Remix A&R and club promotion for her #2 Single High Off My Love
• 2015 Client, Eddie Amador gets ‘Best Remixer’ Grammy Nomination for Five Knives – The Rising. Red Bull Records first Grammy Nomination.
• 2015 – 2017 Remixing and Promoting Pet Shop Boys #1 Record The Pop Kids, and Albums: Super, and Electric
• 2015 Remixing and promoting for legendary Songwriter Diane Warren:
“Til It Happens to You” written by Diane Warren and Lady Gaga, and recorded by the latter for The Hunting Ground (2015),a documentary film about campus rape in the United States , Gaga’s 14th, also #1.
• 2016 Remixing and promoting “This Is for My Girls”, a collaborative track featuring vocals from Clarkson,Janelle Monáe, Kelly Rowland, Lea Michele, Zendaya and Missy Elliott to coincide with Barack Obama’s SXSW speech and to promote the First Lady’s third-world educational initiative “Let Girls Learn”.
• 2016 Remixing and promoting for my good friend Bruce Roberts for his project “Stronger Together” performed by Jessica Sanchez. Written by Carole Bayer Sager, Bruce Roberts, and Kenneth “Babyface” Edmonds was played after Hillary Clinton’s acceptance speech at the 2016 Democratic National Convention.